TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
At shipping time, merchant automatically enters into an agreement with ourselves/the shipping line. The Merchant / owner of shipment agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions as well as the terms of the bill of lading.
GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS act as AGENTS ONLY with regards to all work undertaken on behalf of the customer.
(a) If shipping vehicles on RORO (Non- containerized), we will require 50% of the payment up front and the remaining 50% 7 days after vessel's departure.
(b) If shipping goods in a container, 50% payment will be required upfront. Once container has been packed/loaded we will require the remaining 50% before vessels departure. Payment for container will need to have been received in full before vessel's departure.
Interest will be charged per day for any late payments. If payment is not made before the vessel arrives, we reserve the right to sell/dispose of the goods to recover our costs.
- GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS shall be entitled, on at least 28 days notice in writing to the Customer, to sell or dispose of or deal with such Goods or documents as agent for, and at the expense of, the Customer and apply the proceeds in or towards the payment of such sums.
- GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS shall, upon accounting to the Customer for any balance remaining after payment of any sum due to the Company, and for the cost of sale and/or disposal and/or dealing, be discharged of any liability whatsoever in respect of the Goods or documents.
- For perishable goods, we reserve the right to sell/dispose of the goods immediately payment becomes overdue.We will give you written notice of our intention to sell/dispose of the same.
- The Customer shall pay to the Company in cash, or as otherwise agreed, all sums when due,
immediately and without reduction or deferment on account of any claim, counterclaim or set-off.
(B) The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended, shall apply to all sums
due from the Customer.
GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS organise CYPRUS Custom Clearance, Booking & Reservation of Vessel space, and safe keeping of vehicle & its documentation until boarding.
Rates are subject to change due to factors out of our control e,g, fluctuations in exchange rates, cargo measurements, sudden increase in price from supplier/contractors, etc.We reserve the right to pass these cost to you in order to fulfill your shipment.
Goods are only shipped port to port and GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS do not arrange on-carriage unless specifically requested in writing/Email. On-carriage will be subject to additional charges agreed at the time of booking the shipment. All our costs excludes destination customs clearance and port charges payable at destination.
Loading at premises is for 3 hours (40ft) or 2 hours (20 ft) unless more time is specifically requested. We can also offer up to 2 weeks if specifically requested but this will be at an additional cost.
A small minority of governments enforce ever-changing import rules for motor vehicles in their country It is always the client's responsibility, to maintain updated knowledge of import rules & regulations of the receiving country. GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS act as AGENT ONLY and are by no way liable for any charges at destination e.g port handling charges, customs duty, storage and detention.
Please note that not all goods are automatically accepted for shipping. You are advised that these are restricted commodities and that you need to discuss with us BEFORE loading the same for authorization.
- scrap Cargo
- any hazardous goods
- any used electrical goods must be tested and in certified as being in working condition
- We also advise that you check at destination regarding any specific cargo requirements or restrictions
Car Parts : please note that car parts are only accepted on the basis that they are clean and have been drained of any oil.Please note that should there be leakage found before/after/during, then it is likely that the floor of the container will to be replaced at very considerable cost to you.
We will perform our tasks with reasonable skill and care but cannot be held liable for factors out of our control.
- Unfortunately, GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS cannot be held liable for delays or costs that may arise due to factors out of our control e.g vessel changes,weather, customs clearance delays, Customs/police inspections ,Vessel delays, congestion, strikes etc. All delivery dates are estimates and are by no way legally binding.
- Any course of events the company cannot avoid by course of reasonable diligence
- Any claim against the company for any of the services offered should be made in writing within 14 days of the date upon which the Customer became, or ought reasonably to have become, aware of any event or occurrence alleged to give rise to such claim, and any claim not made and notified as aforesaid shall be deemed to be waived and absolutely barred, except
where the Customer can show that it was impossible for him to comply with this time limit, and that
he has made the claim as soon as it was reasonably possible for him to do so.
- Following above, the company shall become discharged from any liability whatsoever, should any claim not brought within 9 months from the date of the event/occurrence that led to the claim.
Cargo inside vehicle is uninsured and therefore shipped at your own risk. We can however assist you in finding suitable cover for your goods but this must be made to us in writing/by email and accepted to us in writing/by email. While sourcing insurance for the customer, the company will act as agent only and shall not be liable for any claims. These will need to be made directly with the insurance company/underwriters.
Any claims of damages for uninsured cargo will be limited to the value of the cargo or 2SDR per kilo of the gross weight of the cargo lost or damaged, or whichever is lower. The value of the Goods shall be their value when they were, or should
have been, exported. The value of SDR shall be calculated as at the date when the claim is received by
the Company in writing.
Fast lane may charge a cancellation fee of £30 for all our booking. Some bookings may incur a higher
cancellation charges depending on certain factors i.e. what stage the booking is at, has transport already
been booked. Has the goods already been shipped and so on. We reserve the right to deduct our costs
“already incurred” from any deposits made.
- Bookings cancelled 2 week prior to sailing will incur a £30 cancelation fee plus any unavoidable costs that have already been incurred.
- Bookings cancelled within 1 week of departure will incur £50 cancellation fee plus any "cost incurred"
- Bookings cancelled 3 days before shipment date will incur cancellation charge equivalent to 50 % of the shipping fee.
Goods are shipped at consignee's own risk and GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS do not take responsibility for any loss or damage. GUARANTEE SHIPPING LOGISTICS therefore advise that you buy appropriate marine cover.
This contract shall be governed by CYPRUS law and any disputes shall be governed by jurisdiction of CYPRUS courts.